Welcome to my blog!!

Love to read comments! hint, hint, hint ;)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sparks Ark

Yesterday my mom, friends and I went to the Falmouth Public Library to see Sparks Ark to learn about animals. David Sparks brought in a saw whet owl, a great horned owl , an opossum, a baby mallard duck, a mini goat, a boa constrictor, and a flying squirrel. He also brought in some dead dried up  brown bats.
My favorite animal was the great horned owl. They look smart. What is your favorite animal?

2 comments:

Jackson Rose said...

Austin, It's been a long while since I checked out your blogs here, but I could not help but notice this one blog in particular....

My favorite animal is definitely a bird, too - though choosing one bird is difficult. There are so many pretty and interesting ones. I would probably have to say a Green Heron because they are secretive and shy but so very beautiful and distinct-looking. They are somewhat common, but not to the point where you see them all the time.

That's cool that you got to see a GH Owl - as luck would have it, a couple of bird people & I got to see two young GH owls in May - they were in their nest and almost ready to leave - their 'horns' were nearing full development. The nest itself was HUGE!

Hope you are enjoying the summer.

Love
Aunt Deb.

Burtt Boy said...

What a hoot!
Yeah, had a great summer. Thanks!